WX Make screen shot of it then tell those at base camp the forecast

I am trying to figure out how to use a RF Modem that has bluetooth so I can use Ham to give life into cell phone dead areas when we go camping. I think the main hurdle is a app / software that will send the proper data to the modem. Usually we would make a trip out everyday to check the WX. Make screen shot of it then tell those at base camp the forecast. I like NOAA radio but sometimes listening for that long to get the forecast and write it down is a pain!! Usually I would make a note pad of it in my phone and update it every night as I listened to NOAA. But its time consuming! Takes to much of my air time talking on HF from me! 

I have a Wifi talkie app that's does let us share files which is great but only good for maybe 60ft. Would be awesome to be able to send a screen shot of the forecast back to base camp from 5 miles away. Then continue off road site seeing and those still at camp have updated forecast. Any idea on how to do this? Or do you know someone can design a app for this? Possibly a app already exist?
WW5RM



Current D-STAR radios can do this, I think Yaesu Fusion as well. Isn't this what you're looking for right here:   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.jp.icom.rs_ms1a.menu&hl=en















No comments:

Post a Comment


Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO